PDF Report delivers old version - Bad Caching?

I create a PDF report in a workflowโ€ฆ works fine (alas no page numbers!).

Then I change something like, the logo to be used, and the report is generated fine amd looks OK in Google drive, but when I open the report with an action in AppSheet the old file is displayed?

Is there some bad caching going on?

0 5 188
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not bad caching, just caching. If you make a change to the content of a file, you need to change the file name. Or wait for the cache to expire, but it has a long expiration period. No, there is no way to change the expiration period.

Thanksb@Steve that at least explains it.

How long is the caching, hours, days, weeks?

I would have thought that a good caching strategy would take into account things like date time and size to deduce if something has changed or not.

Microsoft web servers used to suffer from this and deliver web pages that were weeks out of date.

Iโ€™ll guess I will have to add a timestamp to the file which means there will be a massive build up of report files.

Are there any Actions/Workflows that can delete a file?

I donโ€™t know, honestly. It appears to be at least days.

Nope.

Hmm, odd. Iโ€™ve made numerous changes to templates and have never had a caching issue with them. They always worked for me immediately and I never changed file names or anything.

I am sure this was working a week ago. I have only just noticed it happening today.

The file in Google drive is updated, but he action to open the file returns an old copy. Very odd indeed.

If I delete the file, a PDF report still gets loaded even though itโ€™s NOT there!

Top Labels in this Space