REF_ROWS() doesn't return any rows between primary key and foreign key

As the title suggests, I’m using some REF_ROWS() formulas for one of my tables “Asset_reports”.
In this table I have a column “UID” acting as the key. In a few other tables, I have the same “UID” column which is of type Ref pointing back to this table, acting as a foreign key. Naturally Appsheet automatically creates virtual list columns with a REF_ROWS() formula in the original table, pointing to these tables, but for some reason, the formulas don’t return any rows from these tables.
I double checked the backend data, and am 100% sure, that I have rows in these tables where the content of the “UID” column matches the “UID” column of some rows in the original table “Asset_reports”.

Any ideas to why this is happening? Let me know if you need more information.

Best regards

Solved Solved
0 7 364
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update:

I tried removing the “Read-only” property from all the relevant tables, allowing edits, adds and deletes, and then all the lists showed up. Apparently having them read-only breaks it? The odd thing is though, that after the list appeared, I put the tables back in read-only, and the lists are still there. Not quite sure what’s going on here, but now I wonder if the app will add new rows to these lists when the tables are in read-only? I’m guessing not.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space