Regenerating schema broken

Imported my table into appsheet and everything worked perfectly, until I deleted a few columns and decided to regenerate the schema to reflect this change. Then, the only column that appeared was the _RowNumber, and I got the following error message;

"

Unable to fetch app definition.

Error: There is a mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for Current Data and the table schema. The table has 3 columns but the schema has 0 columns. Please regenerate the table column structure. Error: Data table 'NewBusinessLog2022-5358664:1.000424:Current Data' is not available Error: The data for this view cannot be found. Please select a new data table in the view settings.

"

Regenerating the schema again does nothing, and the 3 columns that are in my sheet do not transfer over as they should;

OracleNick_0-1681495123431.png

OracleNick_1-1681495294622.png

THINGS TO NOTE;

- I have the correct sheet selected
- Everything was working fine before I regenerated the schema
- Deleting the data in appsheet and reading it does nothing
- Clicking preview data brings the following errors;

Error: There is a mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for Current Data and the table schema. The table has 3 columns but the schema has 0 columns. Please regenerate the table column structure. ?
Error: Data table 'NewBusinessLog2022-5358664:1.000424:Current Data' is not available ?
Error: The data for this view cannot be found. Please select a new data table in the view settings.?

- Adding another blank column then regenerating also does nothing

Thank you for your time

Solved Solved
0 4 838
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IIRC, the last time I tried to load a pivot table sheet into Appsheet, it didn't work. But I was able to just put =arrayformula(pivot!A:C) into another sheer, and load that in.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Make an "AppSheet-friendly" spreadsheet - AppSheet Help

Remember that your worksheet should just be a database to hold your apps' data, not a user-focused thing

Any insight as to why it imported perfectly fine, but only broke when the schema was regenerated?

IIRC, the last time I tried to load a pivot table sheet into Appsheet, it didn't work. But I was able to just put =arrayformula(pivot!A:C) into another sheer, and load that in.

@OracleNick wrote:

Any insight as to why

It's not supported. The fact that worked doesn't mean it should

Top Labels in this Space