Roster App

I have created an App called Roster for our local Repertory in an effort to see if this would be a worth while project. There are a few outstanding issues I am not sure how to overcome.

1. I want to set permissions for Users so that only one field is modifiable and everything else is searchable. So for a moderator they can add days time etc but Users can only add their name to an evening or matinee as a volunteer. This involves persistence in that User looks for Play, then selects time and date and position and adds their name
  2. I want Users to be able to see in the calendar the nights they volunteered for so the logic is show in calendar as a result of a search for my name in Name field for play “Absurd Person Singular”.
    Thank you
0 2 282
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

(1) is entirely dependent on how your app is structured. It is doable, though. At the very least, you might want to familiarize yourself with Editable_If.

(2) will probably require a separate search table and corresponding form view to accept the search inputs, then a slice with a slice row filter that uses the search input to display the results.

See also:

I understand the first answer but possibly I didn’t write the second in a clear and logical way. The app is two tables, the first has the detail, the second is a list of names that can be added to the first table using a lookup or data validation. I left the calendar as a default. So I am thinking that the user does a search for their name, which returns a list of dates and positions the user is volunteering for. This should be reflected in the calendar for that user. I can see a Data slice cutting down the data displayed in the initial table but it was not reflected in the calendar and I did not know how to make it happen.

Top Labels in this Space