SELECT() Expression Help

Tom11

I’m having trouble with my SELECT() expression and would appreciate any assistance.

I have a table, “4thCircuitOffense_Tbl” which contain a list of Charges, this table has 4 columns: Offenses, Score, Code, and ILCS Statue. Within the 4thCircuitDetentionScreen_Tbl, the column MostSeriousOffence is a ref to the 4thCircuitOffense_Tbl. When an Item is selected within the MostSeriousOffence column, I would like to bring in the correct corresponding Score from the 4thCircuitOffense_Tbl. When I’ve used the below expression, I get: The expression is valid but its result type ‘List’ is not one of the expected types: Number.

I’ve tried to change the Column type to List, but then I get errors with other app expressions that are trying to sum this column with other columns.

SELECT(4thCircuitOffense_Tbl[Score],([Offense]=[_THISROW].[MostSeriousOffence]),TRUE)

I’m a newbie to the SELECT() expression and any assistance you can provide will be much appreciated!

Thank you,

0 3 130
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thank you so much! I had initially tried to use the Lookup() expression and it wasn’t working correctly. I tool a look at your appsheet documentation and discovered my mistakes. Everything is working as it should now. Thanks again!

Top Labels in this Space