SUM by Date Sample App

I have taken this sample app and used it to create a Sales Rep Summary report. SUM by Date Sample App

I am able to get everything to work correctly except the “Sum Matching Items” field. I am using the same syntax as in the sample app, but I keep getting the message below in the Expression Builder. Not sure how to get around this.

“Column Matching Items is used in a SELECT expression. It is of the wrong type. It should be a list of rows”

0 5 913
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Eric_Silver Maybe check the properties of your Matching Items column. What is the formula you are using?

I believe I have everything set up as the sample app does (except the field names in my app are different). Here are the formulas below:

Matching Items column: SELECT(Field Estimate[Estimate Owner],
AND([Estimate Owner] = [Estimate Owner Choice], [Status] = “4 - Sold”, [Sale Date] >= [Start Date], [Sale Date] <= [End Date]))

Count of Matching Items column: COUNT([Matching Items])

Sum of Matching Items column: SUM([Matching Items][PAR])

The Count of Matching items works fine. The Sum gives me the error I referred to in the first post.

Is PAR a column in the table to which Estimate Owner refers?

Yes, it is.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This error indicates that the Matching Items column is not of type List of Ref. The SELECT() statement you gave:

would produce a List of Estimate Owner column values. Can you confirm that the Estimate Owner column of the Field Estimate table is, in fact, the key column for that table?

Top Labels in this Space