Security filter

Hey,

I would like to make Security Filtering based on the user email, and I built my Appsheet based on the store number and each store has to use their mail to access to the app. Also, What I did is, in user table there are tree different authorization roles, first supper which has to access to all data, Second is the corporate which has to access to all data but can not do any edits. the third one is franchise which has to access, see and edit only their data.

so how I do the security filter in each table? AND how to let them see only their data, since as their store number is in almost all the recorders of the tables 

Thank you 

Dafer

Dafer

0 1 37
1 REPLY 1

First check the documentation around security filters it is quite extensive and includes specific examples that will match your case.

appsheet_rebrand_logo.pngSecurity Filters: The Essentials

You can use Security Filters to control which records a user can see and update.

Second be aware that a security filter is table specific, if you have multiple tables to protect you will need to build security filters on each of them.

When it comes to views, you can restrict them with Show If expressions and these can certainly reference users and roles. I posted my method for dealing with user roles here, but it is possibly overkill for some applications.

appsheet_rebrand_logo.pngFlexible user role management

Posted on 01-05-2022 11:18 AM

It sounds like you have got all the basic structures in place so I'm sure you'll be able to get the funcitonality worked out.

Top Labels in this Space