Setting user update mode from different tables

Hey everyone, I am facing an expression problem where I need to set the mode of updates from three different tables. The following is my expression:

Justlookinghere_0-1650996975186.png

From the following image, the expressions are valid. I expect that the users in User_Management and User_Inspectors will only be able to update while the users in the Company details will only be allowed Read_Only access. However, when I applied the expression, all the users from these three tables are only granted Read_Only access and users from User_Management and User_Inspectors aren't allowed to update at all. 

0 9 347
9 REPLIES 9

Which table does this formula relate to?

Oh the table is not listed in the description of this topic. For further clarification, I have a table called 'Architect'. This 'Architect' table is the one I set the following expressions stated above so that users from table 'User_Management' and table 'User_Inspectors' will only be able to update the 'Architect' table while the users in the table 'Company details' will only be allowed Read_Only access for the 'Architect' table. 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please confirm the table settings highlighted below (Access mode and Shared?are set as shown:

Steve_0-1651066591651.png

Yes confirmed. It is shared to all users as app creator.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Have you used the Test button in Expression Assistant? Does it give the expected result?

Justlookinghere_0-1651081160121.png

I have used the Test button in the Expression Assistant while logged into my current email whereby the current email is within the table User_Management which allows users within that table to make Updates only for the intended table which the expression is applied (The intended table is named 'Architect'). However, when I emulated another email which is also within the table User_Management (User can make Updates only to 'Architect' table), it doesn't show any Edit button to allow me to make any update and it only displays as Read only in the 'Architect' table.

Hmmm... Very odd.

Are any slices involved?

Have you configured the Only if this condition is true setting for any actions in Behavior >> Actions?

No slices involved and also I didn't configured anything in Only if this condition is true setting for any actions in Behavior >> Actions?. I have only input an expression on the Updates section of the table.

I'm going to have to suggest you engage Support so someone can look deeper into this.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Top Labels in this Space