Shadow Columns existing in App after changes in AppSheet Database

I set up an AppSheet Database with several tables and all the columns set up. I then linked my App to an AppSheet Database.

Two of the columns ("Workday" and "NWDIntl") were initially configured to be enum data types in the database  but I later on realized I could configure them as Lookup within the AppSheet Database and link the data to another table without having to use App Formula.

When I tried to change the datatype in the database from "Text" to "Lookup", the app generated an additional column "NWDIntl(1)". I have since tried to remove the columns from the database and regen the table structure in app but the "NWDIntl(1)" column still exists. I have also tried deleting the entire table in the app and readding it but to no avail. I have also tried clearing the cookies and cache from my browser.

Look forward to any advice on how to remedy this thanks!

#AppSheetDatabase #Database

1 2 94
2 REPLIES 2

AppSheet Databases is a preview/beta feature that should not be used on any production setup, please post feedback on it's dedicated thread:

Introducing new AppSheet database feature in publi... - Google Cloud Community

Hello. He also experienced it and then deleted them. I think it is an error. In the version history of the database we find the "deleted columns" and they are there for a week, they are not deleted, however a warning appears that says: "the deleted columns will disappear permanently after a week".

I don't know when you wrote this, but if you deleted them, if you can, check if those columns (1) are still there, tell me so we can discover if the problem persists after a week or not. If it's an internal "recycle bin" of columns, the application shouldn't take them.

Top Labels in this Space