Slice view rendering wrong set of rows

I have already reported and submitted ticket to Support AppSheet. However, I m curious if anyone else is seeing this problem.

View made out of slice is actually showing the wrong set of rows.   When we "View data" from slice settings, it displayed set of row matching the filter conditions. However, the view made by this slice is showing wrong set of rows. Obvioulsy a glitch is going on behind the scene.

@Aleksi 

@Steve 

@takuya_miyai 

I managed to reproduce the problem with sample / simple app.

I'm afraid this is globally happening to all the app creators now.

4 13 408
  • UX
13 REPLIES 13

This is likely because of the expression for filter conditions where we have either Contains / In expression for slice.....

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This appears to be a known issue. The workaround is to add a virtual list column and use that for the slice.

Which one? Download to Csv ?

In views open by LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(), if it has CONTAINS() inside then download to csv always pull all rows from table.

I’m sorry , your issue is nothing to do with mine , it causes confusion. Please make your own thread for your own issue. 

Since I saw "CONTAINS" so it might be a clue (related to what I experienced) for AppSheet team, that's it. I won't post request coz It's not big deal for me.

Your issue, @Koichi_Tsuji.

But it started to happen in the last few days…

It is good this is known issue (as far as AppSheet dev team could attend to the case to fix), but workaround to change the filter condition over to VC for filtering is not good, as it will be massively slowing down the app performance with our heavy and expensive filter expression.  @Steve  Please kindly posted until this problem is fixed by the team, thank you.

This should have been aware by AppSheet team, but as long as our quick testings are concerned, this bug is not happening with the AppSheet Free account, but it happens over the paid account....  It is not making sense why we see the bug if we move to the paid licenses..... Hope this will be fixed as soon as possible.

@Steve 

@takuya_miyai 

@Steve 

I am reproducing this problem in my Free plan environment and also in the Enterprise plan environment.
The Free plan does not have the same problem.
The Enterprise plan has the same problem.

If this is a Knows issue, I am assuming that it is being verified on the Free plan and a fix will eventually be applied to the Enterprise plan.
Is this my understanding correct?

@Koichi_Tsuji 

I believe that is the case, yes.

Thanks @Steve 

I will keep this in mind for a while and deal with our customers.
If something that was fine on the Free plan becomes a problem when they move to the paid plan, it can be a very bad user experience.

@Koichi_Tsuji 

Top Labels in this Space