Slices & Detail/Form View

I have noticed something strange as of late in regards to slices. Before when I created non read only slices it would automatically create a detail and form view of that slice. However, recently (including today) when I create slices it is no longer automatically creating these views. Has something changed? Or is this a bug? Thank you.

1 4 1,054
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

System views are created when they are needed.
For example, there isn’t going to be an Inline view if there are no “Related Something” columns for that Table.
It’s not just Slices that work this way, Tables do the same thing.
Anyway, I would encourage you to create your own views since, from my experience, system created ones just end up hindering with my workflows

@SkrOYC and @Steve Thank you for the clarity and guidance. Cheers.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I’ve noticed that the system is selective about automatically creating views. It appears to me…

• A table will always get a detail view.

• A slice will get a detail view if the slice is used by a view, or if the slice is the target of a Ref-type column.

• A table or slice that is not read-only and that merits a system-generated detail view will also get a form view.

• A table or slice that is the target of a Ref-type column will get an inline view.

• A read-only table or slice must not have a form view at all. A form view for a read-only table or slice will produce an error that will prevent the app from running.

I’m not sure the above is entirely accurate, but it’s what I’ve come to mostly expect.

Constructed deep link to filtered view  could be a viable option right now. As, @Steve @SkrOYC  had mentioned the limitations, I solved my problem by using LINKTOFILTERVIEW(). 

Top Labels in this Space