Storing "Previous Owner" data in a list

Hello everyone,

I have a question. Can I store more than 1 older value of a row?

Some context:
I have 2 tables:

Devices Data - columns: serial number/ current user

Update Form - columns: serial number/ current user/ and a few others. This form is used to update the "current user" value in Devices Data for a specific Serial Number on form submit.

What I want is to add a 3rd column called "previous owner(s)" to the Devices Data table and store the name of the last owner(s) (if possible to store more than 1).

I searched and found articles about [_THISROW_BEFORE], but I'm not quite understanding how to use it.

Any idea how or if I can do it?

Thanks!

0 4 74
4 REPLIES 4

I'd do it differently.

I'd have a table where you match devices with owners, then everytime you want to change the owner you just create a new match. You could have thousands of owners for a certain phone based on how many times there was a match registered.

Then, with this approach, you could always see a list of the owners based on matches and you can order that list from newest to oldest

Hey SkrOYC,

Your idea sounds good, but in my situation a device can have only 1 owner. All I want is to have a history of previous owners.
Now that I think about it, I do have a history of previous records, since all the device users are updated via a form. Now all I really need is a list that's constantly updating and adding users based on the data in the form, but is that possible?

This is how my table looks like. The "Previous Owners" will have a dropdown list with previous owners, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Razvan_1-1656449610300.png

It seems you have a setup similar to my idea.

To make it clear, my match table would serve as a history table, you could then "get the last row where a certain device was selected" to get the current owner and more.

How familiar are you with List column type? This is the one that creates an inline view (that list view inside a detail view)

Finally, any Enum/EnumList Dropdown can have basically any list of values, you just need to create the corresponding expression

I'm new to AppSheet, started a couple of months ago slowly building what I currently have, mostly discovering by myself.

I'll check what you said and see if that gets me anywhere and get back to you ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks man

Top Labels in this Space