Structural increase in app data sync delay

good night

I'm bothering you because I need help with an app performance issue

since August 02 we started to experience increasing delay in updates

In the performance analyzer you see this:

MarcosL_0-1659566875644.png

reviewing the detail of the executions, comparing those of today, where the synchronization is taking more than 100 seconds, versus the less than 10 seconds that it took until August 1, I notice that there is an increase in the delay of all the steps in proportionally, this increase being on average 100/10 (in reality more; I give these numbers as an example).

In other words, a table that was updated on August 1 in 8 seconds is updated today in 1.5 minutes; and, within each table, a virtual column that was updated in 0.85 seconds before today takes 11.52 seconds.
And this proportionality in the drop in performance is observed uniformly in all the tables, whether they are with a lot of data or with little data.

Do you know what could be the cause of this structural change in the delay in synchronizing, which affects the entire data set?

Additional Information:
1. no new fields added
2. the number of records in all tables is almost the same
3. From the above, it appears that new relationships between tables were not added either

Another thing that caught my attention this morning when users started reporting these delays , is that the performance analyzer was not working; I made a ticket to appsheet and after a few hours it was operational again, and there you can only determine that proportional increase in the delay for updates that I describe at the beginning of this message.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem.

Marcos.

2 4 92
4 REPLIES 4

I add this additional data, which in my opinion, support the hypothesis that it is not about the virtual columns or changes that have been made in the app, but that the problem has another origin: 

MarcosL_0-1659572181440.png

MarcosL_1-1659572207697.png

MarcosL_2-1659572231677.png

MarcosL_3-1659572249305.png

Thank you

@Steve

Sorry for the mention but I would like to know if you have any idea what could have happened and how to fix it until appsheet support, they didn't give me any answer

Without actually examining your app (which I'm not available to do), I'd have to stick to the suspicion that virtual columns are the culprit.

It's not unrealistic to think sync problems could emerge with only a small number of additional rows. It all depends on how complex your App formula expressions are.

You should also consider any security filters you have. It is possible to construct security filter expressions that actually hurt performance rather than help. It's difficult to do, but it is possible. True also for slice row filter expressions.

If your app has any complex expressions, consider posting some (just one or two to start with) for us to consider. When doing so, please include both a screenshot of the entire expression and the text of the entire expression.

Hi Steve

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond

As always, your comments are very useful, I'm going to put them into practice and I'll share with you how it went

Thanks again

Top Labels in this Space