Summary data in virtual column

Jim

I am trying to set up some summary information and can’t seem to get past the “Cannot compare List with Text”. This is how the data is structured.

1. I have a list of gliders in a list spreadsheet. Let’s call the gliders A, B, C. This data is not the key of the table. I have a uniqueid for that.
  2. I have a glider log spreadsheet that has a lookup to the list spreadsheet in order to fill out the glider identifier and then the user fills out other information (pilot, flight hrs, etc.)
  3. For reporting purposes I want a virtual column in the list spreadsheet to sum the count and flight hours from the log so that when I view the list I will see this information for each glider in the list. I also plan to use a date filter on the log but I think I can add that later if I can get the proper statement to do the summary.

Here is a statement I have tried. Glider is the name of glider column from the list spreadsheet where I want the summary data. The summary will be a virtual column. Bluebook log is the spreadsheet with Aircraft column having the name of the glider that the particular row refers to.

COUNT(SELECT(Bluebook log[Aircraft],(Bluebook log[Aircraft] = [_THISROW].[Gliders])))

Here is the error

Cannot compare List with Text in (BLUEBOOK LOG[Aircraft] = [Key].[Gliders])

Can I get some advice on how to properly do this?

0 2 451
2 REPLIES 2
Top Labels in this Space