Text or Number Box with Dots in between to enter Static IP.

I want a Text Box or Number box with dots in between where I can enter the Static IP example: 192.168.1.1

Each number will be 3 digits or 2 digits or 1 digit as in the above example 192 is 3 digits then dot then 168 is 3 digits then dot then 1 is single digit.

Please let me know how to do this.

Thanx 😊

Solved Solved
0 8 253
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

8 REPLIES 8

Try this
Screenshot_20220130_161332.png

Screenshot_20220130_161633.pngScreenshot_20220130_161613.png

Awesome!  The only thing that could make this post better is if you copied in the actual text of the expression so we don't have to re-type it all!  😁

I have a lot of experience in training and user support, and it confirms the Russian saying: if you want to help a person, you should not give him a fish, but give him a fishing rod 🙂
But just out of respect for you...

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

Awesome!  The only thing that could make this post better is if you copied in the actual text of the expression so we don't have to re-type it all!  😁

AND(
			COUNT(SPLIT([_THIS],"."))=4,
      AND(NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),1))=index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),1),
					NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),1))>=0,
					NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),1))<=255),
			AND(NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),2))=index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),2),
					NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),2))>=0,
					NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),2))<=255),
			AND(NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),3))=index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),3),
					NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),3))>=0,
					NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),3))<=255),
      AND(NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),4))=index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),4),
					NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),4))>=0,
					NUMBER(index(SPLIT([_THIS],"."),4))<=255)
	)

@bonameblisto wrote:

I have a lot of experience in training and user support, and it confirms the Russian saying: if you want to help a person, you should not give him a fish, but give him a fishing rod 🙂

LOL!  I totally agree but in this case you only showed us the fishing rod to build our own.  You didn't give it to us!

When sharing code snippets, the learning is not in the re-typing of the code (build a rod), it's the understanding of what it does (catch a fish) so we can apply the concept again when the need arises (need to eat).

I agree that it's not exactly a "fishing rod", but
If I answer a question with a ready-made solution, then in 90% of cases I don’t get any response AT ALL
If I respond with hints (e.g. try to formulate Valid_If using SPLIT() to get octets and INDEX() to test each octet against the interval 0-255) I don't get a response either, probably because the person thinks it's a "theoretical inference"

And in this version of the answer, it is clear that the solution works, but in order to reproduce it without errors, you need to dig into the documentation.

//Actually I don't know where is right balance between fish and rod 🙂

@bonameblisto wrote:

//Actually I don't know where is right balance between fish and rod 🙂

I think mood and available time play a big part in this!!😉

Bull's Eye!! Thanks a Ton!! God Bless!! 🙏

I agree with your Russian Saying!! though copying was super easy!! 😜 

If only we could replace the whole thing with a single line: 

{^((([2][5][0-5]|([2][0-4]|[1][0-9]|[0-9])?[0-9])\.){3})([2][5][0-5]|([2][0-4]|[1][0-9]|[0-9])?[0-9])$}

Some AppSheet design choices I don't get .

Top Labels in this Space