URL File folder path

Hello Appsheet community and best wishes for 2023.๐ŸŽ‡

I changed storage for my application (the old one was on Office 365) I now switched to Google Drive.

I have a problem, to point, from a virtual column, to the folder where my clientโ€™s documents are stored.

When this file was on Office 365, I only had to retrieve the URL (highlighted in yellow) and add my column [CODE AFFAIRE] so that my virtual column would point directly to the file, see screenshots below.

Now that I am Google Drive, impossible to generate this URL, yet I searched on the forum release and documentation nothing to do. I thought it would be easier with Google Drive

Does anyone have a solution or a lead?

Hoping to be clear in my axplanation.

Renaud1_0-1672635006187.png

Renaud1_1-1672635070280.png

Solved Solved
0 8 3,199
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is not exactly clear whether you have moved those files to the Google drive in a single folder or otherwise. Please elaborate on that. Assuming you have moved the files to a Google drive folder, please take a look at the below article. 

Use data from Google Drive - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

It is not exactly clear whether you have moved those files to the Google drive in a single folder or otherwise. Please elaborate on that. Assuming you have moved the files to a Google drive folder, please take a look at the below article. 

Use data from Google Drive - AppSheet Help

Thank you for your answer, sorry I wasnโ€™t clear
To answer your question, no, I did not move the files, I made a copy of the application on Google Drive (without the data and images)
I then created new customers from within the application, where I insert documents from Type File columns.
These documents are then found in folders created by the application, it is to reach these customer folders that I want to create a URL

Renaud1_3-1672647079309.png

Thank you. 

@Renaud1 wrote:

where I insert documents from Type File columns.
These documents are then found in folders created by the application, it is to reach these customer folders

Typically the File type column from where you upload the file, you should be able to access the file from that file column itself. Are you not able to do that?

Of course I access the file from the column, what I want to do is to directly access the FOLDER in the Google Drive or come to drop the files (several files per customer).
This is why I want to create a virtual column with a URL link that would point to each customer file.

@Renaud1 wrote:

This is why I want to create a virtual column with a URL link that would point to each customer file.

Thank you. But sorry that you may wish to clarify, are you looking to access the folder or file from the URL? Once you have mentioned file and once folder.

Anyway , I believe you could access folder by copying the folder path from the Google drive under share option by using the copy link option and then pasting that URL in  URL type column.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1672653392074.png

The URL type column created to access the folder by copying the folder link into the column's URL as below.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1672653582890.png

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in my response.

First of all, I want to thank Suvrutt_Gurjar for taking the time to look into my problem and for providing me with a link that helped me solve it๐Ÿ‘.

The link is "Use data from Google Drive - AppSheet Help".

I created a collection of documents from my "DOCUMENTS CLIENTS" folder.

Renaud1_0-1679363960529.png

Since I wanted to retrieve the URLs of each folder inside this "DOCUMENTS CLIENTS" folder, I reconstructed the URL as follows:

Renaud1_1-1679363980106.png

Since the name of each folder corresponds to the key of my "CLIENTS" database, I created a reference between the file and my "CLIENTS" database.

Voila, I have now surfaced a link in my application for each client file that leads to their dedicated folder.

I hope I have explained this well and that it can help other users.

@Renaud1  You are welcome. Thank you for the update as this thread could be useful to anyone reading it in future.

Great solution, I would like to achieve the same, but I have already implemented this without following the collection of files steps, I think that did not exist before, how can I make it work for tables and folder that are currently working?

Top Labels in this Space