Unable to create working url to access an app created PDF that has been created on google drive

I am struggling to create an externally usable URL so that my user can open a PDF file that my app has created and stored on my google drive.

Iโ€™ve followed all the usual encoding tips and the resulting url looks ok, but clicking the URL just results in an error (see below for error text).

Iโ€™ve also tried replacing the spaces and forward slashes in the directory name with %20 and %2F but that made no difference either.

I have turned off the app security settings as described in the various tips too.

I can open the PDF that the app has created if I navigate to the folder in my google drive but I just donโ€™t seem to be able to automatically create a usable url within the app.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

p.s. the ******* have just been manually hidden. The actual error gives the full ID.

Error text:

โ€˜/Aprop Animal Detail Reports/Millie.PDFโ€™ not found

Probable Cause of Error: Failed: Path: โ€˜Aprop Animal Detail Reportsโ€™, Message: โ€˜Searching for โ€˜Aprop Animal Detail Reportsโ€™, File entry not foundโ€™.

Path: RetrieveFile

Result: FAILURE

* Path: DocId=1yh4Ma2r9P0aKlHpV-cEGH3X99xJgpcfVqp4r*******:/Aprop Animal Detail Reports/Millie.PDF

* Path: DocId=1yh4Ma2r9P0aKlHpV-cEGH3X99xJgpcfVqp4r*******

Result: Success

* Path: /Aprop Animal Detail Reports/Millie.PDF

* Path: \Aprop Animal Detail Reports

* Path: Millie.PDF

0 3 339
3 REPLIES 3

Are you looking for tips in the below post by @rich

Thanks Survrutt - I havenโ€™t actually seen that one until now. Iโ€™ll have a look tomorrow and see if I can implement what it is suggesting :

Sadly that didnโ€™t make any difference - same error

Top Labels in this Space