Updating a Child record based on Parent Changes Again

Hello, 

I am still struggling to update related child records when I make a change to the parent. This is my data structure. Is automation required? Am I supposed to be able to update the parent and have it be reflected in the child automatically? I am going crazy trying to figure out please help. 

Parent:

myra_o_0-1704413693179.png

Child:

myra_o_1-1704413728501.png

Solved Solved
1 4 147
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No Bot is needed. You can create an action in the child table that reads data from the parent as you know the parent ID. You can use deref expression like [ParentID].[ColumnName]. You can trigger the action from the parent table with "Execute an action on a set of rows from the parent form view... and with the Event action.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No Bot is needed. You can create an action in the child table that reads data from the parent as you know the parent ID. You can use deref expression like [ParentID].[ColumnName]. You can trigger the action from the parent table with "Execute an action on a set of rows from the parent form view... and with the Event action.

The event action was what I was missing! Thank you!

Good to hear!

I am still learning myself as I go gain experience I would be able to answer most questions

Top Labels in this Space