Virtual column not visible from deck view when using slice

I have created a slice of my data, and tested that it was mostly accurate by clicking view dat. One of the most important columns is location_all, which is a virtual column. For every data point in this view, the column was filled out accurately. Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 8.41.09 AM.png However, when I went to create a view for this data, every entry showed this column as missing, and it was not available as an option for any of the column header in the deck or detailed format. Any idea why this is happening?

0 1 58
1 REPLY 1

Probably, columns comprising list values aren't eligible to use for view headers. Based on your screenshot, EnumList may not be the best data type for your Location_all column. First of all, I wonder whether it's actually a virtual column since its data type is explicitly EnumList instead of just List. Regardless, none of the column's values in your screenshot are a multi-item list; if that's representative of the column for all rows, then the column's App formula expression may be unnecessarily returning a single-item list when all you need is a single value.

Top Labels in this Space