Where would exported data (CSV) files get saved when executing on your Smartphone (iOS)?

Hi!

I and some other authenticated (google) users of my App have been experiencing this issue on iOS (and none of my App users uses Android devices), which is "can't find the exported data".

I know there will be an prompt when executing on PC browsers, but that doesn't happen on iOS devices. (in my case, I use iPad mini.)

I can't find it either in "iCloud Drive", "On My iPad", or "Downloads" folder in "Files" app.

I tried to find any similar inquiries on the community, but I couldn't find.

Thank you for your support in advance.

Solved Solved
0 11 1,787
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please take note of  the below statement in the help article.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1675784127428.png

Export this view to a CSV file - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Please take note of  the below statement in the help article.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1675784127428.png

Export this view to a CSV file - AppSheet Help

I completely forgot about this.

Also, doesn't make sense that they allow this actions to be shown inside a device, I guess we will need to use another workaround...

CONTEXT(Host)="Device"
CONTEXT() - AppSheet Help 

Ah... I didn't notice that part. Thank you for showing the information and this is something we just need to sit still and wait for the development team will solve.

FYI...

I tried accessing my App and export a CSV on Safari in my iPad and iPhone.

It worked as I do on PC desktop browsers. The file was saved and visible in "Files" app.

Thank you very much for the update.

@lizlynch ,

May I request you to check with the developer team if the behavior reported by @hichimi is an expected one ( export of CSV fils on iPad and iPhone using the Safari browser) and if so, you may wish to update the help document accordingly.

Checking! Thank you!

@Suvrutt_Gurjar and @hichimi 
Confirmed with the team that any browser will work for exporting CSV files, not just a desktop browser! Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I've updated the documentation accordingly!

Liz

Thank you very much @lizlynch for the prompt update as usual.

Thank you very much @hichimi for trying CSV export with other browser options and bringing it to the attention of the community.

It is possible to create an automation to export a CSV that runs on the backend servers. You should be able to form some sort of trigger action that exports the filtered data that you want as a CSV to a location on Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. 

I've not tried this, but I think it will work.

Yes @Alan_Thorp , good point and good possible workaround. One could also export CSV data with CSV template to a cloud storage location.

Top Labels in this Space