Whitelabel app not working on iOS 15

I just updated my iphone with the latest iOS 15 and when I try to launch the app, it says “the developer of this app need to update it to work with this version of iOS”. Is this something Appsheet developers are doing or is it something I need to do?

0 3 125
3 REPLIES 3

You have have any other non-whitelable Appsheet Apps that are on your phone that you can test if they work?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

My impression (which may be wrong!) is that white-labeled apps (and self-published APK bundles) are point-in-time snapshots of the AppSheet framework, and do not get updates to the AppSheet framework. In order to get those AppSheet-provided framework updates (including AppSheet bug fixes and new features), you need to republish your white-label app and users need to install that update.

Apps that aren’t white-labeled (and aren’t self-published APK bundles) use the separate AppSheet app for the framework. That separate AppSheet app will receive AppSheet-provided framework updates. Because the AppSheet app is independent from any white-labeled apps, apps run through the AppSheet app are virtually guaranteed to have bug fixes and the latest features that your white-labeled apps do not.

All of the above is conjecture and may be wrong! I’ve never white-labeled an app.

Hi, when was your app last whitelabeled? Old 32-bit apps will stop working on iOS 15.

Top Labels in this Space