Why don't we have the option to delete the column manually like a virtual column in the data table?

I'm using the AppSheet database, when I delete or rename the column in my data table keeping the old column, it's not getting updated when regenerating the table, why don't we have the option to delete manually like a virtual column?

fre2mansur_0-1667409726011.png

fre2mansur_2-1667409786219.png

0 3 662
3 REPLIES 3

The table columns are based on the columns from the datasource and the list of columns in the table must match that of the datasource (minus Virtual Columns). 

To delete a "normal" column, first remove it from the datasource and then in AppSheet, Regenerate the set of columns for that table.  This will remove the column from the AppSheet Table.

I did delete the column in AppSheet database, but it still appears in my data column in the app I did regenerate it. but no luck. there is no way to remove the ghost column.  did you see the screenshots?

Regenerate the set of columns for that table.  This will remove the column from the AppSheet Table.

it doesn't.

Ahh!  The AppSheet Database is in preview only right now.  You should only be using it for assessment of the forthcoming capability OR to help influence and improve the functionality.  It is not yet ready for building serious apps.

Please report the issue you are having to the thread post below, if not already reported.

If you need to work towards a live app, I would strongly suggest using an alternative datasource

Discussion/Issues Thread for new AppSheet Database

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/Introducing-new-AppSheet-database-feature-in-p...

Top Labels in this Space