Why is some detail view in my app narrower than the others?

Hi team,

can you suggest steps to fix some detail views suddenly get narrower? they are visibly narrower than the others? I tried to look for previous similar issues here but cannot find one.

The view width in this Detail view is visibly narrower than other Detail view:
error_width.png

I added other detail view for comparison:
error_width_2.png

any kind of help is appreciated

regards,

Dhika

Solved Solved
0 7 264
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Apologies for this, these changes were not intended to be released and we are currently working on a fix to get detail views back to normal - please keep an eye out in the release notes!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

This has been reported in two other posts:

Detail View on Desktop mode shrunk overnight 

Detail View 

But I don't see any response or suggestion as to what has caused it. For the record I do not see this problem with my app - yet!

I saw that also. This seems like a bug.

Also, check if the ones that are not affected have some Inline views in there.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Lately-I-ve-experience-a-lot-of-bugs/td-p/38781...

@Mike_Moss 

I noticed a "max-width: 384px" on this HTML div from desktop:

<div class="DesktopModeContainer" style="max-width: 384px;">

While on another Detail view it's this one:

<div class="WideModeContainer">

Can we know how the system is telling which one to use? Both are Detail Views without "Use Card Layout"

@Steve 

I also noticed this as well when using 'inspect element'

hi! Thanks for the answers. So basically right now there's no definite answer to why this is happening, is it?

I tried to see it in "Preview" mode on "my Apps" it show the width just fine, but when I go to the app directly it shrunk.

Apologies for this, these changes were not intended to be released and we are currently working on a fix to get detail views back to normal - please keep an eye out in the release notes!

Hi! Thank you for answering ๐Ÿ™‚

hopefully the fix arrives soon.

Top Labels in this Space