Workflow SMS error. "From" field missing or invalid

Hi,

I’m setting up my first Workflow using the SMS feature but I’m getting an error (in the Audit log which I think I’ve paste the relevant info) says the SMSFrom field is invalid or missing. This SMS action is the 2nd of two. The first action is an outbound email and that works fine.

“ActionNotPerformed”: “2 errors present.”,
“ActionResults”: “Created 1 ActionResults”,
“Action Type”: “SMS”,
“Action Name”: “SMS”,
“Errors”: “Error: Workflow rule ‘SMS’ field ‘SMSFrom’ contains invalid phone number ‘+447476555623’. Error: No SMS was created because ‘From’ is missing or invalid.”,
“From”: “”,

The AppSheet logs are suggesting AppSheet doesn’t recognise the number I’m entering. The From field is also blank which I can’t tell is related or separate? Could I be entering the Twilio number incorrectly? I’ve tried multiple variations of entering the number - within quote marks, with the + symbol. This is also the 2nd Twilio number I’m using. I had a trial number which I activated and then purchase this second number when the activation still wouldn’t work.

I’m based in New Zealand and the two Twilio numbers (US CA +66 and UK) I purchased have been tested using Twilio’s API Explorer tool and both SMS were successfully delivered to my target mobile number.

I’ve gone through the AppSheet docs and the community and the instructions of setup seem straight forward. I just think I’ve been inside a tunnel too long to now see any obvious mistakes I made. Are there conditions for configuring SMS / Twilio outside the US?

Any suggestions or tips on how to handle / resolve my issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 8 1,193
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to list all the country codes your custom twilio will be handling regardless of it being From or To.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Top Labels in this Space