Workflow attaching wrong file

I have a workflow that creates 3 csv files and then attaches them to an email. Its been working great but recently noticed when I open the 2nd file (Inventory) it’s exactly the same as the 1st one (Receiving) - even when the templates are clearly different.

• Confirmed template for file 1 (“receiving_file”) is different than file 2 (“cart_inventory_file”)
  • Confirmed template content for both files are different. Opened templates and they’re different
  • Confirmed File Name Prefix is different for each of the files.
  • Cross referenced the “Other Attachments” naming is correct (file names represent their corresponding file names)
  • I reselected the template for file 2 (cart_inventory) but no luck

With the items above, the system should be grabbing the correct 2nd file.What would cause the system to use a template for file 1 on the file being created for file 2? Or is there something I’ve missed?

Thanks everyone

Email Received

Solved Solved
0 11 266
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Daisy_Ramirez the fix should deploy in about an hour.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

We’ve received multiple reports of this behavior. Please contact support@appsheet.com.

Daisy, could you please confirm when this behavior started? I presume you are still seeing the problem.

Also, for the names of the attachment files — are the names correct (but the templates wrong) or are the names also duplicated? Thanks

Daisy, do the three csvs get created correctly with the right names? Just checking if the problem is in the Save File actions that create the csvs, or if it is in the Email action that picks up the Other Attachments

Thanks

Thanks Steve and Praveen.

The file names are correct. The file format and data of the 2nd file represent that of the 1st file template.

The client reported it yesterday and I tested at the time of the post but not sure how long the issue has been in place.

We deployed at noon PST yesterday. Daisy, could you confirm that this occurred after that?

As I understand the problem, in the three SaveFile actions, the second action seems to be using the template from the first action. Investigating

Yes, this is correct “in the three SaveFile actions, the second action seems to be using the template from the first action. Investigating”

Will reach out to the client for time of day when the file was generated.

@Daisy_Ramirez , we have found the problem and have a fix being built. Don’t yet have an ETA yet but will let you know when we do.

@Daisy_Ramirez the fix should deploy in about an hour.

Thanks so much Praveen! Great news!

Hi Praveen, just wanted to confirm all is well.

Thanks again for the help!

Top Labels in this Space