[_thisrow_before].[column_name]<>[_thisrow_after].[column_name] not working in triggering bot

Hello everyone, 

I have been trying to get this to work for the last 3 days and have gone through the community Q&A extensively but unable to find the bug in my app.

I am trying to trigger an email notification with a data change > Update only > Condition to check > [_thisrow_before].[credit limit]<>[_thisrow_after].[credit limit]. But now the app is triggering the notification irrespective of whatever changes I make. Also, the subject line of the email also contains the same formula [_thisrow_before].[credit limit]<>[_thisrow_after].[credit limit], which is working fine. But the only problem is that the event is getting triggered if I make any updates to any of the columns in my data and not just the [credit limit] column that I want it to be. 

Have tried to run combinations of [_thisrow_before].[credit limit]<>[credit limit] , [_thisrow_before].[credit limit]<>[_thisrow].[credit limit] as well but none of that works and the flow is triggered on every update to any column. 

Kindly assist! 

Utsav_Chhawchha_0-1681052587587.png

Utsav_Chhawchha_1-1681052722037.pngUtsav_Chhawchha_2-1681052748079.png

Solved Solved
0 13 626
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thank you. In the two examples you have shared screenshots of, is the understanding correct that the first screenshot shows where the credit limit has not changed and the second screenshot has example where it has changed?

If so, please use one of the following conditions for the bot event and test

If the [Credit Limit] is a numeric column such as number, price or decimal:

AND( [_thisrow_before].[credit limit]<>[_thisrow_after].[credit limit], [_thisrow_after].[credit limit]<>0)

If the [Credit Limit] is a non numeric column such as text:

AND( [_thisrow_before].[credit limit]<>[_thisrow_after].[credit limit], ISNOTBLANK([_thisrow_after].[credit limit]))

View solution in original post

@Utsav_Chhawchha wrote:

But problem would be that it will still trigger the event, when the [credit
limit] is not blank, say its Rs. 500 both before and after, and there is a
change in another column of the data, the email would get triggered right?

It should not. I request you to test and revert.

Edit: I have suggested this latest change because of a peculiar behavior with AppSheet expression evaluation, the description of which was present in earlier workflow documentation but has somewhere go lost in new automation documentation. @Steve has also guided on this quirk in his various posts.

Please take a look at the following image in the following post thread.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1681467871424.png

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1681468109735.png

Solved: Workflow fires when Image column stays empty - Google Cloud Community

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Top Labels in this Space