Any ways to update the substitutions values of build trigger ?

I am using cloud build to trigger the releases of my cloud functions. I am using many substitutions values in the build trigger that will be passed as a user substitutions while triggering the build.

I want to write a bash script where I want to update a single field of substitutions values using gcloud beta triggers run command. Example, a variable _PYTHON_IMAGE_VERSION was provided in substitutions is 1.8.0
Now I want to update it to 1.8.1, so instead going to the trigger, can I use bash command to update my substitutions values ?

Solved Solved
0 1 467
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good day! @omar115 

So far, It seems it's not possible to write a bash script in updating the substitution values. Substitutions are related to a specific build.

However, you can try Scripting gcloud CLI Commands. You can run Google Cloud CLI Commands through scripts. You can also refer to this blog post on how you can start automating tasks. 

If the above options don't work, you can contact Google Cloud Support to further look into your case. Let me know if it helped, thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Good day! @omar115 

So far, It seems it's not possible to write a bash script in updating the substitution values. Substitutions are related to a specific build.

However, you can try Scripting gcloud CLI Commands. You can run Google Cloud CLI Commands through scripts. You can also refer to this blog post on how you can start automating tasks. 

If the above options don't work, you can contact Google Cloud Support to further look into your case. Let me know if it helped, thanks!