Google Maps Styling POI labels appear when zoomed in

SwanLE

Hi there,

I have disabled all default labels for POI. However, when I zoom in (around zoom level 16) the default labels start to reappear, as shown below. I see that other platforms like AirBNB that use the google maps SDK do not have this issue. 

How do I disable these labels at all zoom levels? I have tried individually disabling all types of label but I get the same issue.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 10.04.53 am.pngScreenshot 2024-01-22 at 10.05.35 am.png

3 2 275
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @SwanLE ,

If you turned off the default labels for places in Google Maps through styling, but they're still coming back when you zoom in, it might be because the Google Maps API has changed or there's something specific in how you set it up.

If this is the case, try clearing the cache of your browser, or test it on a different browser. Then, you may also consider updating the API version of Google Maps.

If this will not fix the issue, reach out to Google Maps support for further assistance.

Have the same issue. Cleared cache and used another browser just to check and they still remain. I just thought because the cloud styling is in its infancy it was a bug?