Change the Model of a dashboard from A model to B model (Dashboard lives in B model but looking at A Data model)

Thanks you all for helping here.

• Request I have: 

We have a dashboard that is created under GSS's data model. However this dashboard lives now under CA model (But still looks at GSS's data model).

• Problem:

People who do not have access to the GSS model (As they do not need it) cannot use it. Get LookML of the dashboard: “model: GSS”

• Goal:

Change the model that the dashboard is looking at from GSS model to CA model.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried/thought:

Following this article from Looker help center, I have thought of:

• Use the Looker Content Validator to change the model. This one feels a bit risky to me. Applying this change there it feels that it will not only apply for the mentioned dashboard but maybe in other places. I am concerned that is going to change the model GSS to CA everywhere. So I did not press the button...
  • Use Create LookML Copies of Dashboard.  As per the instructions, I have created under CA model a dashboard taking the LooML from the dashboard and updating the model it is looking at. Problem here is that, if I have done it correctly, I cannot find where this dashboard is created to visualize it.

Would you please mind giving some help here please?

0 1 680
1 REPLY 1
Top Labels in this Space