Does Looker allow you to show different data within a dashboard according to which user is viewing it?

Jennbl

Hi guys, 

I’m looking to create a unique dashboard for our Sales Team members allowing them to track their performance on a daily basis. I would like each one of them to use the same dashboard but see only their own data when using the dashboard. 

Is this possible? Or can I do this by sending the dashboard to each of them through Gmail?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
1 6 4,140
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jennbl 

Yes, this is possible using user attributes. If there is a column in the data that has the sales team member’s name or something similar, you can create a user attribute and assign their value to that.

Once you have created the user attribute you can either:

1. Filter the Explore using access_filter parameter in each Explore used in the dashboard. This would be useful if you would always like the data from the Explore to be filtered.
  2. Filter the dashboard (or each tile in the dashboard), using ‘matches user attribute’ in the dimension’s filter. There is a great how-to here.

The solution will depend on whether you would like to give the end users the ability to change the filter.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Naomi, Redkite

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Top Labels in this Space