All apps that use Google storage services extremely slow download speed. (including Googles apps)

I have a strange issue where I'm getting an extremely slow download speed on apps that use google services. I'm assuming the following apps use googles cloud infrastructure and I'm getting about 5kbs dl speed on all of them
Google Photos, Google Drive, Android studio (download, updates, libraries) Flutter (download, updates, libraries).
and my own app that uses Firebase Google Cloud storage. I also noticed there are few apps in the app store that have very extremely slow media download as well and I'm assuming they use Google Storage infrastructure. This behavior is the same across multiple devices. 

Any idea as to what could be causing this?

1 REPLY 1

Have you tried connecting and testing in another network? 

On the other hand, small files (<100MB) will generally have a slower download/upload rate than larger files as the overhead of creating the connection takes a more substantial portion of total time to transfer.

Please consider:

1. Use threading for a large number of files (especially small files) for better performance.
  2. Large files have much faster throughput.
  3. Check that the VM and bucket are in the same region for best performance.

Here is an example of simultaneous transfer of 16 files of size 50MB with 4 threads:

$gsutil perfdiag -s 50M -n 16 -c 4 gs://my-bucket

Do you have the same performance if you work directly with gsutil?