Unable to use CommScope issued CBSD certificates with Google Test SAS Server

With Google-provided test certificates, our CBSDs can register successfully with the Google Test SAS server.

When we replace the CBSD certificates with CommScope-provided certificates,  CBSDs are unable to register with the Google Test SAS server.

Analyzing the root CA certificate from CommScope, I see that the certificate using OU is "RSA Root CA0004" with CN "WInnForum RSA Root CA".

$ openssl x509 -text -in ca.cert | grep -E '(Subject|Issuer):'
        Issuer: C = US, O = WInnForum, OU = RSA Root CA0004, CN = WInnForum RSA Root CA
        Subject: C = US, O = WInnForum, OU = RSA Root CA0004, CN = WInnForum RSA Root CA

With Google provided root CA certificate,  I see that the certificate is using CN as "SAS CA"

$ openssl x509 -text -in ca.cert | grep -E '(Subject|Issuer):'
        Issuer: C = US, ST = CA, L = Mountain View, O = Google, CN = SAS CA
        Subject: C = US, ST = CA, L = Mountain View, O = Google, CN = SAS CA

Are Google-provided test certificates using WinnForum RSA Root CA?  
Can we use CBSD certificates from CommScope with" RSA Root CA0004" root with Google Test SAS?
Solved Solved
1 2 223
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi!

In theory, any certificates that work for the Production SAS should also work for the Test SAS. Can you please try registering and then immediately de-registering a CBSD in the Production SAS using these certificates? This way, the issue can be isolated as either an issue with the certificates or with the Test SAS. If the issue is with the certificates, the certificate issuer would probably be best positioned to assist you.

View solution in original post

Thanks for your response, James_S. By adding CA cert from Google Test SAS to CommScope CA cert, CBSD could register with Google test SAS.

I have added all the root CA certs from WinnForum-approved members to the CBSD CA cert list to work with production SAS.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi!

In theory, any certificates that work for the Production SAS should also work for the Test SAS. Can you please try registering and then immediately de-registering a CBSD in the Production SAS using these certificates? This way, the issue can be isolated as either an issue with the certificates or with the Test SAS. If the issue is with the certificates, the certificate issuer would probably be best positioned to assist you.

Thanks for your response, James_S. By adding CA cert from Google Test SAS to CommScope CA cert, CBSD could register with Google test SAS.

I have added all the root CA certs from WinnForum-approved members to the CBSD CA cert list to work with production SAS.