Arcade 2024 - Level 2 - Lab GSP701 Issue - "Check my progress" not passing despite completion

Hi all, has anyone had issues with the "Use Go Code to Work with Google Cloud Data Sources" lab (ID GSP701) progress checks not passing in for tasks 3, 4 and 5?

I logged into the "student-xxx" account in a newly created Guest profile window in the latest version of Google Chrome (I have been doing this instead of Incognito so that my browser extensions don't cause issues and it has worked without issues until now.)

While logged into Google Cloud Console as the Lab student account, I completed all of the required steps for each task, including importing the sample Firestore data for the lab, verifying it successfully imported by looking in the Cloud Console UI, and using the data to complete the subsequent steps.

However, the progress checks for "Task 3. Check the import process" and "Test Google Cloud Data Drive in Cloud Shell by querying data in BigQuery" in Task 4 failed, even after an hour had passed since they were reported as successful in the Cloud Console UI. I was even able to manually verify that Task 4 was completed successfully by viewing the relevant data served by the Go app in Task 4.

Curiously, the "Task 6. Deploy to App Engine" progress checks passed without issue on the first try.

Support chat was unable to assist me in resolving the issue, and the lab is not marked as complete in my profile.

Has anyone had a similar issues with this (or other) labs? Is there a workaround or way to solve this to I can complete the Level 2 Arcade 2024 labs and receive the badge?

Solved Solved
0 2 192
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe this Cloud Logging outage was in fact the issue. Although the outage is still marked as ongoing at the time of writing, the components  I suspected were relevant to the Lab are mentioned as having been fixed, and I was able to complete each checkpoint successfully a few minutes ago.

So for posterity: If you ended up here because lab progress checks are not passing despite seemingly doing everything correctly check the Google Cloud Status Page https://status.cloud.google.com/ to save time trying to figure out why; there may be an outage impacting components of the lab.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I just noticed there is an ongoing Cloud Logging outage that had started before I began the lab: https://status.cloud.google.com/incidents/bMAYzVmupVWVNUjPhchQ

I wonder if that is the issue?

I believe this Cloud Logging outage was in fact the issue. Although the outage is still marked as ongoing at the time of writing, the components  I suspected were relevant to the Lab are mentioned as having been fixed, and I was able to complete each checkpoint successfully a few minutes ago.

So for posterity: If you ended up here because lab progress checks are not passing despite seemingly doing everything correctly check the Google Cloud Status Page https://status.cloud.google.com/ to save time trying to figure out why; there may be an outage impacting components of the lab.

Top Labels in this Space