Learn to Earn Cloud Data Challenge: Tea break!

Hello everyone!

You may have noticed, we are currently experiencing a service disruption. I’m truly sorry for the inconvenience. Our team has been working on changes, but we need a little more time to catch up. So for now, we are pausing the Learn to Earn Cloud Challenge. We plan to resume play July 13, 2022.

But what about earning badges and prizes? 

Good question - when we resume play, you’ll notice additional time available on game tracks. We’ll make updates next week. If you’ve already earned enough badges to be eligible for a prize - great work by the way - you’ll receive a prize email at the conclusion of the challenge (no change). 

But what do you mean, tea break? 

Taking breaks is good for you. Plus it’s an opportunity for more games (and prizes) - outside of a lab manual! Let’s kick off with today’s tea break topic: mentorship. 

Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen to, and a push in the right direction.” — John CrosbyMentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen to, and a push in the right direction.” — John Crosby

We all need mentors to support us and give us that extra nudge towards opportunity. And it has been amazing to see mentorship happening here, as you all support each other with lab tricks, debugging, credits, and knowledge sharing.

So today, let’s celebrate mentors in this community. Folks who have been answering questions on Learn to Earn (and other programs), pointed to resources, and shared their experience.

Nominate someone who has helped you

Here’s how to participate:

1. Comment below and tag someone (a community member!) who has helped you over the course of this challenge. Or another challenge! We’re not picky! 
  2. They’ll need to have a GCC account so you can tag them. 
  3. Was your nominee already added by someone else? Upvote them! 

On Monday, we’ll select 5 GCC users (based on comments and GCC badges!) to get a surprise 🎁 in appreciation of their commitment to helping! 

Thanks in advance for the nominations - I’m looking forward to reading over a cup of coffee  

74 433 29.5K
433 REPLIES 433

What have you got? 🤔

Teapot

Oh! Awsome

Congratulations 👏 🎊 💐 🥳 

Thnks dear 😁😃

I didn't received although I am eligible 

Your name is not in the list of winners how can u get the prize then? First check what he is talking about then react or message 

Where is the list of winners? I didn't received any 

That's simple, because you are not in any of the list

Even though, I'm also not in any of the list.

It's for community helpers only not for everyone. 

This prize is for community helpers not for learn to earn ....

Learn to earn prize emails will be sent anytime by 30 august

@MrKrishnaAgarwa I don't Lie! In fact she didn't ever send me a DM. When I asked her the reason, she didn't even give an answer. So I can't beg for her DM of Prize which is just a materialistic piece of this materialistic mortal world!!

You all guys are so lucky here.. Congratulations! 🎉. Enjoy your Teapot in this Tea-Break!.

For me 👈 Better Luck next Time 💯

I have received her dm that day  @Abhishek213 the prize claiming link. 

okayy

don't say like this brother its cure 5am morning in US so admins might be
sleeping now wait she will update you for sure - wait for 24 hrs for dm as
the msg was sent around 6:32 am IST

@emily927  more than 13 hours have passed...

Awaiting your DM! 

Did you receive???

No, I didn't receive.More than 24 hours have passed☹️☹️

Okay

It's so sad that @emily927 promised to send a DM over the next 24 Hours. But that 24 hours have passed! And still I've not received a single private message from her..On the other Hand > You all 7 selected received her DM at the same time yesterday

Yes,

Maybe she was mentioning someone else,

Or Maybe She forgot to send you the message.

Dude. that's why, it is confusing thing...if @emily927  didn't send me a DM yesterday. Then to which person did @emily927  send a DM??

Or if I was mistakenly mentioned here, please remove the name. 

If @emily927 forgot then Please Resolve it.

cool down bro ..please cool down

Why are you so worried?

These are just swags, it's materialistic thing.

@Babar_Ali don't worry 1 more tea break is there.

You'll win in that one 

Congratulations everyone

Thanks

@BtechCommerceWa thank you so much for helping me  in earning badges and milestone. its my first time participation in any google cloud program still its became easy for me because of  resources provided by you....   thankyou so much 

When will the Learn to Earn Cloud Challenge open again?

september maybe

Maybe in September

Can anyone tell me when we'll receive the prize mail for the Learn to Earn challenge considering someone has earned enough badges for prize eligibility and also since no date has been mentioned when this challenge will either start again or end?

next week

Thanks for replying, but can you tell me whether the prizes will remain same or not? And just for clarification, next week all of us should receive the prize mail you're saying, not the program start date, am I thinking right? Kindly let me know.🙏

prizes may remain same they will just downgrade all prizes

One last thing, I've received the below 👇 message from one of my friends, can you confirm whether this message is authentic or not?

"L2E CLOSED

We’ll keep working on the bugs, but you’ve worked hard (and played hard!) to gain new skills and reach milestones. If you are eligible for a prize based on badges earned up to this point, watch for an email next week. 

Speaking of prizes, we’ll be adjusting tiers. Previously you needed a minimum of four challenge badges to be eligible for swag, plus the pre-requisite skill badge. Given the challenge closure, we’re starting prize eligibility at three Learn to Earn Cloud: Data Challenge badges. You’ll still need the pre-requisite skill badge too."

Yes its authentic emily just shared the same in the morning ..
They have just pasted this msg

Prize will remain same but eligibility criteria will be less supposse earlier You have to complete At least 4 badges to get A Pouch Or Diary but Now You need only 3 badege to get this 

Hope you Understand 

Thanks for replying. I understand what you've said but suppose I've earned 6 badges in total which is the eligibility number for the Sipper or Cup, so for this 2 compulsory badges were needed along with any 4 other badges and now you're saying one badge will be less required for getting the same prize, means 5 badges now will be required instead of 6 for the Sipper or Cup, so now when the prize mail will come I'll receive the prize mail for T shirt instead of the Sipper or Cup, cuz only 1 extra badge was needed for the T shirt which was the last prize for this game, Am I thinking correct?🤔

Yeah t shirt but we all are requesting to have an option of items from
where students can choose whatever they like because some students like
diary, some pouch and many sippers or mugs .

(as per faq u are eligible for tshirt )

Yes that'll be more than just great. Just make this request an official one to @emily927 , cuz like me, many other people'll also be interested to get the exact prize till which they've earned the required badges. Just let me know where to support you regarding this matter @Abhishek213 , I along with many other people will help you.

tagging will help i guess
Top Labels in this Space