Level up your skills in The Arcade; level up your career with Google Cloud certification

carrie
Community Manager
Community Manager

In The Arcade, we’re all about access to learning that can help turbocharge your cloud knowledge. We also know that certification is an excellent way to validate your cloud comprehension. So…why not put them together? 

That’s right, we’re introducing Google Cloud certification power-ups to your experience in The Arcade. Read on for how this all works, including eligibility and criteria specifics!

How does this power-up campaign work?

From now through December 15th, show off your skills in The Arcade - once you bank 30 points, you’re eligible to complete the criteria for one of the certification options. Starting November 1st, visit The Arcade to start your Cloud Digital Leader learning path. Completing the Cloud Digital Leader learning path is a key to preparing for the Google Cloud Digital Leader certification - and it’s part of the power-up criteria 😉 

After the certification power-up campaign ends on December 15th, voucher distribution will be determined based on eligible users’ performance and engagement. Certification vouchers (read below to find out more about the vouchers themselves) will be shared with power-up recipients in the second half of December.

How do I get my voucher, and which exam can I take with it?

Great questions. There are 3 different types of voucher you can snag, and 2 different exams depending on which power-up you receive. Here’s the deal: 

• 100% Cloud Digital Leader voucher: The first hundred users to successfully complete all of the Cloud Digital Leader courses after hitting the 30 point eligibility minimum in other areas of The Arcade will receive a voucher for 100% off of their Google Cloud Digital Leader certification exam.
  • 50% Cloud Digital Leader voucher: The next 200 users to successfully complete all of the Cloud Digital Leader courses after hitting the 30 point eligibility minimum in other areas of The Arcade will receive a voucher for 50% off of their Google Cloud Digital Leader exam - certification at half the cost!
  • 100% Associate Cloud Engineer voucher: The top 20 point scorers (with a minimum of 30 points) in The Arcade will receive a voucher for 100% off of their Associate Cloud Engineer certification exam.

Why should I care about getting a certification?

Google Cloud certifications are globally recognized credentials - and a testament to your practical skills in the field. These certifications can open doors to new career opportunities, higher earning potential, and the chance to work on exciting cloud projects.

I can tell you from personal experience that professional certifications are an excellent way to show your competence in a field or role, especially if it isn’t one in which you originally completed your post-secondary education. (‘Literature major’ doesn’t necessarily read as “fluent in cloud” on a résumé, but ‘certified Cloud Digital Leader’ stands out!) But don’t take my word for it! There are lots of blogs out there about the benefits of certification, or check out this certification impact report.

What now?

Start collecting those points, get ready to take on the Cloud Digital Leader preparation courses, and set your sights on those coveted certification vouchers. November and December are your months to shine . See you in The Arcade!

Game on!

152 REPLIES 152

When will the doubled points for skill badges solved in August be awarded?

Thank you @carrie  but I have some doubts please get me out of it.

1. Which learning path do we have to complete and when (please share the link) Or will the learning path be in nov..?

2. The point count will start from now or the points I have collected from July till now will also be counted as a total of 30 points

3. The ACE voucher is only for the top 20 individuals who have scored the most arcade points..?

I misread and completed the cloud digital learner before November 1 i.e. 29th Oct, is there any way I can qualify for this voucher, i really needed it, maybe a different path to complete for the people who completed before or something like that. 

I think CDL ONE

Hi @carrie and anyone knowing the answer , Will someone be eligible if he/she has completed the cloud digital learning path on 29th October?

@Luna04  4 points lost as well. arcade program offering 1 point per completion badge. just 2 days. This is so sad.  No Cert and No extra points as well. Lost 2 Opportunities in 1. 

Hi @carrie    @Abhishek213  

Is it essential to complete the entire learning path, or is reaching 30 points adequate for Associate Cloud Engineer certification?

I'm pursuing Associate Cloud Engineer certification because I already possess the Google CDL certification. Those who score a minimum of 30 points in The Arcade will be rewarded with a 100% voucher for the Associate Cloud Engineer certification exam. 

My points 

Screenshot_2023-10-28-16-15-31-52_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Thank you in advance

if i have 16 points will i get the swags only if i dont want certifications. i m new to cloud

Yes, you will get the swags.

@carrie 

Will the points earned through the Arcade Facilitator program be counted? I had created a different account for that, which had 29 points in it. I also earned some points in my main account after the end of the Arcade Facilitator program.

I was surprised to find The Arcade OCT 2023 during the recent Ukrainian national one month event Google Cloud within Ukrainian Google Cloud Skills Boost and "Advance your career with Google Cloud: AI, ML & Data". I had never seen it before and was intrigued. I decided to give it a try and was really impressed with the overall experience. The challenges are fun and engaging, and I learned a lot about Google Cloud Platform in the process. I was also able to earn some points, which I'm excited to use towards getting a certification.

Cool

Hello @carrie ,

Thanks for this great opportunity, and I wanna know when you say : " hitting 30 points in other areas of Arcade..." , is related to which area of the Arcade ?

I wonder if we have to participate in the monthly arcade challenges  to bank the 30 points , that's it ?

Best regards,

Edmund.

I am not a participant. I recently got to know about facilitators program, can someone tell when and how can i apply for the same? or any other similar opportunity.

In my case, I currently have 24 points according to points calculator and earned 6 bonus points from the arcade facilitator program. As I understand it, that means I have 30 points total and would now need to complete the four Google Cloud Digital Leader courses that appeared in the arcade webpage to be considered for the campaign. Could somebody please confirm that I have understood this correctly?

@carrie @Yugali CAN you help ?

I have completed the CDL 4 badges today on 1st Nov in the morning but its showing the date of 31st oct. Because of that i lost my chance to get the CDL vouchers. so whose fault is this? I also talked to the arcade chat support team on 31st oct night about when to start CDL badges completion and they said i can start on 1st Nov and i followed the instruction but see what i got.                                                                                       My public profile -https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/public_profiles/bf87796b-5caf-4eea-a63d-cf70342d0871

Hey check on points calculator is it shoŵing +1 from last point records???

When you are once done with CDL program and you are awarded with the Badges, Then you can't take up the CDL path again.

From my point of view the timing issue is because of CST and IST timezones.

Hey @carrie @Yugali 
"Courses completed before November 1, 2023, will not be counted towards Arcade Points eligibility", does that mean the points collected by participants in the Arcade Facilitator Program and Arcade Insider from July to October will be void come December when the swag redemption window opens? 

Or can we use those points to redeem items but this is an additional optional oppurtunity as a pathway for learning more, if people want to further in the Arcade.

No points earned from june till dec will be counted . 

@sidnvt wrote:

Hey @carrie @Yugali 
"Courses completed before November 1, 2023, will not be counted towards Arcade Points eligibility", does that mean the points collected by participants in the Arcade Facilitator Program and Arcade Insider from July to October will be void come December when the swag redemption window opens? 

Or can we use those points to redeem items but this is an additional optional oppurtunity as a pathway for learning more, if people want to further in the Arcade.

This is only for the courses (completion badges mentioned on arcade site ) 

Hi
I have not joined the facilitator's program but I have subscribed on the arcade page so will I still get the goodies or will I have to join the facilitator's program?
Regards

I now have 31 points according to the points calculator and completed the Digital Leader courses, so I assume I will get at least one of these vouchers.

I have 30 points, may I redeem now ?

Please add more quota so we who already have 30 points or more now will not lost out by those who finished later because of Luck. 😶

I have completed all 7 Coureses in november trivia but still i only earned 9 points. How to earn more points?

https://go.qwiklabs.com/arcade?utm_source=mc&utm_medium=lp_confirm&utm_campaign=arcade

Stay updated with list of paths and Arcade Quests going on, You will get to know future coming Trivia Quests on this platform and can complete to earn more points.

Hi
I have not joined the facilitator's program but I have subscribed on the arcade page so will I still get the goodies or will I have to join the facilitator's program?
Regards

Don't worry you will get the hoddies.

Thanks a lot for the reply!

what about skill badges done in august ,  what about the doubled points ? 

Hi,
I wanted to know if Pakistan is still out of the Google Arcade Prize Counter or this time in for delivery of swags?

They are still out .

Hey, I have a question regarding the arcade points, How to watch how many arcade points I earn ?

Search Arcade on Google. (You should be logged in on the same email which
is logged in on Google Cloud).On the arcade website swipe to bottom and put
your public profile link on the given search bar. To get the public profile
link, open profile section of Google cloud and copy the link from there!

Hlo When New Swags will Be Displayed and today 14 Nov is also their

Almost all swags are displayed. Only the premium swags i.e 25+ arcade
points are yet to be displayed. They will be displayed at the end of this
month!

How can I collect the points other than the courses and Labs. I have done the courses mentioned on the Arcade page along with some more courses but the courses being counted for points are only the ones listed on the Arcade Page. What are more ways to earn the points ?

Get a monthly subscription and complete most of the courses as you can!!

Hi, 

I have completed and placed first place for the Silver Badge, but no email or notification received for the next steps, what should i do ?? 

As i have 4055 points

Do we need to pass the quiz in one go or we can retake them?

You can easily retake the quizes if you can't pass it in the first try.

Top Labels in this Space