Google Cloud Community Roundup: July 2022

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to our monthly Community Roundup series! Check out our latest news and upcoming events, along with new Community feature updates.

gcc-roundup-july.png

Are you prepared for peak traffic and launch events? Join us on August 25th

af-ama-peak-traffic-82522.png

Whether it’s a product launch, new store opening, limited-time sale, or holiday, peak traffic events are critical for your business.

Don’t just hope that they’ll run smoothly! Join us for our Ask Me Anything session on August 25th to learn how to successfully plan for peak traffic and launch events to avoid any disruptions for your customers and your business.

As always, you’ll also have an opportunity to ask the experts questions and receive answers live.

Save your spot

In case you missed it: How to optimize cloud performance

This month, the Community came together for an Architecture Framework Ask Me Anything session focused on optimizing cloud performance. The experts, @leesd and @abambah1, demonstrated Google’s recommended approach to continuous performance optimization, including how to:

• Define performance requirements
  • Design and deploy your applications
  • Monitor and analyze performance
  • Configure cloud resources to meet performance requirements

In case you missed it, check out the recording here, and stay tuned in the Community for a recap post, including supporting resources and answers to your questions. 

Learn strategies and best practices to power your business with modern cloud apps

modern-apps-roundup.png

Maintaining both scalable cloud applications and legacy applications is a critical component of any business plan. However, cloud apps can be challenging to build, scale, and integrate. 

Join us August 30th for the Power Your Business with Modern Cloud Apps: Strategies and Best Practices webinar where we’ll share helpful practices and demonstrate how Google Cloud services like GKE, Apigee API, Anthos, and Cloud Run can simplify and streamline your application development.

Register today

August 17: Dataflow observability, monitoring, and troubleshooting

dataflow-081722.png

Join us on August 17th at 9AM PT for a live session with Google Cloud experts on Dataflow observability, monitoring, and troubleshooting.

We'll provide an overview of all the observability experiences in Dataflow and discuss more on the new features. We'll also look at the common symptoms or issues reported by customers for streaming pipelines and discuss how to use the new observability features and tools to troubleshoot those.

Save your spot

Now generally available: The new Professional Cloud Database Engineer certification

database-cert-ga.png

After a successful certification beta, we’re excited to share that the Professional Cloud Database Engineer certification is now generally available.

This new certification allows you to showcase your ability to manage databases that power the world’s most demanding workloads. Traditional data management roles have evolved and now call for elevated cloud data management expertise, making this certification especially important now because 80% of IT leaders note a lack of skills and knowledge among their employees.

Google Cloud certifications have proven to be critical for employees and businesses looking to adopt cloud technologies. In fact, 76% of IT decision makers agree that certifications have increased their confidence in their staff’s knowledge and ability.

Learn more

How to get a cloud career without a degree

Want a career in cloud, but don’t have a degree? There are more options than you might believe. Check out the latest episode in the Cracking The Google Cloud Career series, where we show how you can use your existing skill sets to reach a career in Cloud.

Check out this video, as Staff Developer Advocate, Priyanka Vergadia, shares a four-step path for you to get a job in cloud, as well as answers some frequently asked questions!

Up for a challenge? Show off your #GoogleClout

google-clout.png

The #GoogleClout challenge is a no-cost weekly 20 minute hands-on challenge. Every Wednesday for the next 10 weeks, a new challenge will be posted on our website. Participants will race against the clock to see how quickly they can complete the challenge. Attempt the 20 minute challenge as many times as you want. The faster you go, the higher your score!

To participate, follow these four simple steps:

1. Enroll - Go to our website, click the link to the weekly challenge, and enroll in the quest using your Google Cloud Skills Boost account. 

2. Play - Attempt the challenge as many times as you want. Remember the faster you are, the higher your score!

3. Share - Share your score card in the Learning Hub and on Twitter/LinkedIn using #GoogleClout

4. Win - Complete all 10 weekly challenges to earn exclusive #GoogleClout badges

New in the Google Dev Library: Notification system for Cloud Run with Google Chat for CI/CD pipelines

cloud-run-notification-system.png

This month, we're excited to recognize Google Developer Expert and Innovators Champion, Ezekias Bokove (@ricardobokove), whose article, "Notification system for Cloud Run with Google Chat for CI/CD pipelines" has been accepted into Google's Dev Library. Congratulations Ezekias! 

Read the Article

Check out all the content in the Google Cloud Dev Library here and submit your content/projects at goo.gle/GoogleDevLibrary.

Registration is now open for Next '22! October 11-13

GCN22_GE_Web-banners_1440x640_FINAL_B.png

Tomorrow starts today. Join us live online along with one million builders, dreamers, and leaders for Google Cloud Next '22 where we can learn and grow together to meet tomorrow head on.

Register now for online programming and the opportunity to attend in-person events - all registration is complimentary! Plus, stay tuned for future announcements including product-specific sessions, speakers, and engagement opportunities. 

Register today

Top five contributors in July

We love to see how many of you are eager to participate in the Community's discussions. Let’s take a quick look at who contributed the most by replies authored and topics published in the month of July. Please meet our top five contributors:

Thank you @Abhishek213@smitop@MrKrishnaAgarwa@SidVjSingh, and @Bholoubi!

Plus, a special shoutout this month goes out to @Sayan-The_learn@davidregalado25@Dwaipayan001, and @Richard_Rivero, who each earned 2 accepted solutions this month! Thank you, keep it up! 😀

Are you ready to become our next top contributor? Learn all about how to contribute to the Community here.

Top three conversations in July

Here are our most popular discussions in the Google Cloud Community over the past month:

Looking for more topics and discussions? Visit our Google Cloud forums and join the conversation or start something new.

Community feature updates in July

The Community team continues to work hard to improve the Community based on your valuable feedback. Below is an overview of the recent updates to our Community features. Let us know what you think of these updates with a comment below! We’d love to hear from you.

Highlight to quote

Highlight to quote enables users to highlight specific text within the body of a topic post or a reply/comment for quoting within a thread. For more details on the Highlight to Quote functionality, please review the tips and tricks guide.

highlight-quote-1.pnghighlight-quote-2.png

Badge notifications

When you earn a new Community badge, such as authoring your first accepted solution, receiving 500 likes (kudos), or publishing your 25th post, you will now, by default, receive an email notification sharing the good news!

badges.png

You can always manage your notification and email settings by clicking the dropdown next to your profile avatar, then “My subscriptions,” and selecting the “Notification Settings” tab. From there, you can choose which notifications and emails you receive or don’t receive. 

Label subscriptions 

Did you know that you can subscribe to labels? We enabled subscriptions for labels so you can stay up-to-date on product and topic-specific conversations. When you subscribe to a label, you will get an email notification each time the label is tagged in the community. For more info on how to utilize labels, check out the article on Subscriptions and Notifications here.

For more details, see the July Release Notes post here.

Thank you to all our Community members who continue to make this space an engaging and informative place to be. If you have any feedback, please feel free to add your thoughts to the Community Feedback forum or add a comment directly to this post.

Make sure you don't miss out on the latest Community news, activities, or opportunities by subscribing to News & Announcements. To do so, go to the News & Announcements page and click on the blue button that says "Subscribe." You can also learn more about how to manage your subscriptions and notifications in this article here.

Thanks everyone. Until next time!

The Google Cloud Community Team

5 6 893
6 REPLIES 6

Hello every one. 

Thank you @Lauren_vdv  for the topic. 

IT is really a lot of upcoming events this month I hope to attend them all  😊

I am honored to see my name on the list, also I am happy to continue in this community. 

Have a nice day.  

We're so glad you're part of the Community @Bholoubi! Look forward to seeing you at some of our upcoming events 😀

Thank you 😊 

It means a lot to me, I will try to attend as many as possible, thanks for the gratitude you showed by mentioning my name in the list.

Thanks to the community for everything. Let's learn and Grow together everyone 😁❤️ ️ 

I would like to thank @Lauren_vdv and all members of the community for helping each other and making this community cleaner  Let's continue this chain and make it stronger. 

Special thanks to @carrie  and @emily927  for inspiring and encouraging me in the Qwiklabs events and games..

Thank you @Lauren_vdv for this Roundup serie.

Thank you for talking about my contribution to the community. It is a pleasure for me to contribute to the production of content for the community. 😊

Hey!

That's my name right there! Thanks for the shoutout! @Lauren_vdv  🙌

--
Best regards
David Regalado
Web | Linkedin | Twitter