BY ACTION ONLY - Update rows in other table using the value in this table and row

There are few posts and threads, questioning how to โ€œUpdate rows in other table using the value in this table and rowโ€. recently I read.

As far as I know and if I did not miss useful tips and thread in the community, my understanding is only Appsheet API is assisting this particular jobs.

On my exiting and running App, I m juggling two different ways, one is use of API and other is Action only, to update the other rows using the currently working table/row value. So please let me introduce the one which will not require API set up, but just do a job with Action only.

The trick is a bit complicated, difficult to explain. Therefore, I prepared sample app for those who are looking for a solution.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Sample-App?appGuidString=f09ceb4d-309c-4213-a58c-f97245c2698d

This involves various action (but dont worry, just 4 actions only) as well as workflow and slice. For those who just started with Appsheet may find difficult to understand, but I would suggest that you copy this sample app and dig the details to learn how the actions are prepared.

I also placed a brief explanation about the process to generate this sample app, that I hope is going to be found useful while we wait for new feature to manage this job.

In the meantime, I hope Appsheet dev team will make this far easier to do the same jobs with easy set up through the native and single action with their new feature.

9 9 2,433
9 REPLIES 9

Thatโ€™s very nice, thank you @tsuji_koichi
I think you can reduce the expression in Action โ€œUpdateChildโ€ to:

any(
select
(Orders[Status],[OrderID]=
any(MyLatestSetting[WorkingOrderID])
)
) 

The part โ€œuseremail()=[Email]โ€ is not necessary, because the Table AppUser has this already in the Security Filter.

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for your comment, yes, that is valid point. I just updated sample app accordingly.

Thank you @tsuji_koichi

Do you think it would work in opposite way:

• when a ChildTable (jobs) is updated with a new row where is the latest status (OK/ NOK) it will copy this status to a ParentTable (machines list)

?

I reckon the update in the opposite way from child to parent should be feasible.

Please check the sample app โ€œEventActionโ€ how itโ€™s done from https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778

Hi @tsuji_koichi I canโ€™t look under the hood anymore in this App. Do you know why?

Bit of โ€œcommercialโ€ resons behind as Partner to Appsheet with us.

ASP

Hi, I cant access the sample app anymore. Would it be possible to get access?

qouop

@tsuji_koichi sample app page isnโ€™t working anymore. please re-upload or explain coding syntax. Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space