ChatGPT prompt: Correcting open and closed parentheses issue

Here's how I got help with an expression that had mismatched open and closed parentheses:

https://chat.openai.com/share/f061f1fe-035d-455d-8901-1617931f23d9

This solved my problem.

Hope to see other examples of successful ChatGPT prompts. ๐Ÿ™‚

4 3 808
3 REPLIES 3

By the way, in case you are not aware of how ChatGPT allows conversations to be shared, you should see a sharing icon in the upper right part of your screen.

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 13.35.25.png

Postscript:  I definitely recommend studying @MultiTech's tips about utilizing ChatGPT.  Personally, I'm still in the process of learning from them.  My post and the kind of posts I'm proposing that others make is much simpler:  Easy to imitate examples of successful ChatGPT prompts and conversations.

Cheers @Kirk_Masden!  I'm glad you've found these tid-bits helpful. (^_^)

________________________________________________________________________________________

Over the past few months I've been working on crafting an Ai agent (code named Appster) that's a GPT4 powered assistant focused on AppSheet.  

• It's been an exciting few months, and I can absolutely say that there is a TON of potential in this space.
  • The GPT4 model is especially helpful
    • ChatGPT (aka gpt3.5) not so much
    • Bard... even worse (which is entirely counter-intuitive; you would think a Google Ai would be really knowledgeable about Google products and documentation... but it seems not so much.)

The best advice I can give when working with an Ai on AppSheet topics:

• When the Ai makes a mistake, or gets something wrong:
    • Tell the Ai that.  Literally just like you're saying to yourself,
      • "Well... that's not right, it's like it completely forgot to take X into consideration."  

• Say that to the Ai. 

• The combined context of everything that came before (with your scenario specifics, formulas, column/table names, etc.), along with this "re-direction" for how to move forward, this is where the really good answers start to arise.

The Ai is always trying to follow your lead; make sure you're telling it where you want to go!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to think about it like this:

• You're giving the Ai driving instructions on how to get where you want to get - even though you don't have a clue how to get there.
  • But you're still providing driving instructions...
    • So make sure they're clear and include enough landmark information that someone who's never been in that area can make it to where you're directing them.
    • AKA: make sure you include enough column names, table names, reference structure information, etc. so that the Ai can make sense of things and provide quality advice/help.

Top Labels in this Space