Change default chromecast settings to cast desktop

Transitioning microsoft users to google workspace is a challenge that many of us face.  The chromecast feature in chrome browser is a powerful and popular tool.   Microsoft doesn't even have a competing product here.   Chromecast comes with a frustration though.  Legacy microsoft users are overwhelmed by the number of choices and number of clicks it takes to accomplish things.

An example of this that I am facing is then you click cast, you immediately get a list of screens throughout our office.  If you want to cast your entire screen, you bypass this, click sources, cast desktop, then come back to select the screen.  The actions one must take are actually out of order due the the bypass step.

Googlers will undoubtedly think "what's the big deal." Well, when someone is trying to cast a powerpoint or excel while giving a presentation they feel stupid; forming a lasting bias.  Thus this awesome tool that microsoft had no competitor for has now become an obstacle in our digital transformation.

Does anyone know where we can change the default option to cast desktop?  If it doesn't exist, can google build that?

Thanks

Jim 

1 2 2,264
2 REPLIES 2

did you ever figure out a solution? I even considered using an Elgato Stream deck to make it easier but couldn't find the answer there either

SRehne

I'm also interested in finding a way to change the "tab" default to become "Screen" instead ... let me know if you find a solution 😉