Custom Fonts

Hi, very new here, both to Google and Workspace. The question I have...is there any way to add custom fonts? I need to be able to use 2 fonts with docs and on our site. One is a free font one is adobe, I have licenses for both and they are both saved on the Chromebook. I'm not very technical (sorry!) so I am hoping if this is possible that there are some fairly easy instructions that I can follow somewhere. I've looked on Google and the adviser I spoke with suggested that I post in here.

Many thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

11 11 1,394
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @arts,
Thank you for joining our Community. I have moved your post to the dedicated product question forums, Workspace Q&A. This will ensure that you get the assistance that you are looking for, as Community Feedback is for Community-related questions specifically.

In addition, I have added the labels 'Editors' and 'Sites' to improve discoverability.

thanks! 

Hi, I have a similar problem as arts - we would like to create templates in google docs with our house font Sentient, unfortunately this is not included in Google Web Fonts... we would strongly appreciate if you could use external fonts as well - thanks for the help!

Hi, have the same question, I understand that at the moment there is not an option to add custom fonts?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

You can go to "Extensions" > Add-Ons > Get Add-Ons > Type Font then choose what Font app you like. 

I hope this works for you. 

All that does is showing me Workspace Addons that have "Font" in their description. There still is no option to upload my company's fonts and use them inside of Google Workspace, or Docs.

Hi

Thank you for this information. We have our own font style and cannot find
it from the apps - is it possible to add our own font via .otf file?

Regards
Mari
Mari Koks
Office Manager
[image: Bikeep's logo]
linkedin.com/in/marikoks <>
EU: +372 56697971 [image: Bikeep's logo]
<>

Adding custom fonts is not possible, unfortunately. 

I also need to add custom fonts for my company. I would think this is a great need across all users and not being able to do so will drive many companies away from Google Workspace. Is there any indication this will be addressed in upcoming releases?

You might want to post this to the Feature Ideas section here. Doing so will allow it to be upvoted by others and possibly considered as a future feature enhancement.

If you do not already have access, you need to request it first. See https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/custom/page/page-id/Workspace-Feature-Ideas-FAQ for how to do that.

Once you have access, go to https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/gh-p/workspace-ideas-group . There, you can upvote and comment on any similar idea, or post a new idea.

If you are submitting a feature idea, be sure to explain the problem that you're trying to solve with the feature idea, not just the idea itself. For example, saying "when my users are trying to do 'A', they often get confused by the fact that the buttons to do 'X' and to do 'Y' look quite similar to each other, which leads to this unintended consequence" is far more likely to get fixed than a feature idea that just says "change the color of the button 'Y'".

Cheers,

Ian

All, I had the same problem and have asked leadership at Google periodically about Custom Fonts.  I have consistently been told there are no plans for this.  Fonts are a morass of compatibility and licensing issues as well.  However, one thing you might not be aware of is the fonts.google.com. 

fonts.google.com has 1562 families available, free to use, no licensing issues, downloadable in TrueType that are all available in Google Workspace.  They also do a great job of showing you fonts that work well when paired together.  

I usually recommend companies work to change their style guides to use these fonts if they transition to Google Workspace.

Hope this helps a little, KAM