Dinamic groups

Hey guys!

There is some possibility in Google Workspace to create dynamic groups in the creation of the "organizational unit" field, thus facilitating the filtering by sectors and subsequent sending to specific groups.

Solved Solved
0 9 1,144
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@carlos1981 There is an option called parent organization unit after selecting the you will get a tree like symbol as marked in the picture once you click on it you can select the OU which you desired to use:

DG.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You can do this with the free, open source, command-line, indispensable GAM tool. Check out:

for more details. Specifically, see https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3/wiki/Organizational-Units#synchronize-users-with-an-organiz...

Hope that helps,

Ian

@carlos1981 can you explain it with an example, maybe it's a GAM thing like @icrew mentioned.

But if you can give a detailed view of your requirement we can check the possibilities of getting it done by using GWS itself

@ajojose33333344  Iโ€™m trying to create a dynamic group, however, there is no option to select the organizational unit as a condition, only the main unit.

I've found this to be helpful: Creating and Managing Dynamic Groups .

Although it is part of the dev documentation for the API (and I'm not a dev), it has a lot of good information.

@carlos1981 There is an option called parent organization unit after selecting the you will get a tree like symbol as marked in the picture once you click on it you can select the OU which you desired to use:

DG.png

@ajojose33333344 

Thanks.

Just what he needed.

I am very grateful for the help.

@carlos1981  Please note that there is an ongoing issue with Dynamic group creation.

where the Group Creation is being greyed while being stuck in the loading screen.

So if you are affected by this bug, you might want to wait for a while to test it out.

Otherwise, go ahead and create the same, cheers!!

It's really stuck. After selecting the options, it just keeps loading.

I'll wait a little longer to test.

dinamic.png

@carlos1981 No worries,as i mentioned on previous comment it's a bug,and even i am affected by this, not sure how long its gonna take them to fix it.

Top Solution Authors