Google Sites as an intranet

I"m building an intranet site for my company using Google Sites. While Google Sites seems perfect for an intranet, since our company uses Google Workspace for all our tools, I am finding myself stuck in some areas.

1. There's no news feed. I plan on using Google Currents and embedding that into the Google Site, but the design isn't great. Any suggestions on news feeds for Google Sites?

2. Permissions seem to be an issue for my content editors, I can't set permissions for content editors for specific pages. It's either the entire Google Site or nothing. I guess the only way to do this is by creating mulitple Google Sites to give it the illusion of a single intranet site, this way I can have content editors based on specific sites (e.g. HR Site or Corp Comm site or Diversity site, etc..). Any suggestions when it comes to content editor permissions?

3. Publishing - seems when you publish a page you publish the entire site. Would be nice to be able just to publish a single page, especially if I have pages or edits that are not ready to be published. Am I missing something here or is this the only option with publishing in Google Sites?

I have more questions but that's a good start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5 18 7,756
18 REPLIES 18