Google chat mentions

With the new chat shortcuts menu, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove anything from the list of 'mentions'. Is this literally just going to become a permanent stream without the ability to mark a mention as read/completed etc?

4 7 1,347
7 REPLIES 7

Agreed. Do you have any updates on this? It seems to defeat its purpose if one cannot mark as read/completed. This should also be automatically updated if you have read the mention directly on the chat. Thanks!

@mgavilan this is now generally available for all so you can see how it works: if you click on the mention in the @Mentions menu it takes you to that mention in that Chat/Space and, as @gordon_may wanted, will mark the mention as read.

Clicking on the reply does not seem to decrement my count.  I'm using a corporate hosted chat.

This may be true for the personal accounts under the gmail (dot) com domain using chat (dot) google (dot) com.  However, our corporate email is also hosted with google, and the mentions count does not seem to clear even when selecting the mentions under the shortcut section.  Is this a known issue for hosted domains?

Correct! The same happens on my end. We have a corporate account and the mentions counts doesn't clear out.

Same! it shows the count and does not mention in which it is unread. Is there any shortcut to remove or mark the mentions as read?

dito

Top Solution Authors