Google sites for Company Directory

I would like to create a Google Site for my company that has a live list of current users from the Workspace Directory within a Specific OU.  Is this possible?

0 7 963
7 REPLIES 7

Hey @MattPhilpott, to achieve such a result you could post Google Spreadsheet on the Google Site, and populate this Spreadsheet with the e.g. Apps Script (you can adjust to your needs), that downloads the list of users with needed fields and filter by the specific OU.  Then you only need to create a time trigger for that script, that will automatically refresh the list from time to time. 

Hope this helps,
Best,
Marcin

Thank @Marcin_Milewski ,The link in your post doesn't lead to anything.  I am not at all familiar with scripting, could you point me to a resource that could help me learn about this?

@MattPhilpott The link that I posted yesterday, points to the Help Center community forums, where the person wrote the AppScript code, that does the task that you are looking for (downloads a list of users into the Spreadsheet). But to modify the code to your needs, you would need help from someone who feels comfortable with scripting. If you want to check other possibilities one of my team colleagues developed the add on called Bulky Duce, that allows you to export users much simpler. Then you can play with the Spreadsheet filtering to adjust it.

Best,
Marcin

That add on is great!  Thanks!

@MattPhilpott we have developed a tool to do exactly this that you can buy from us.  If you're interested see: 

Steegle People for Google Workspace

@StephenHind, Thanks for the reply but that is a far more expensive solution than I am looking for

RW
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

You can also create a Google Looker Studio report based on the spreadsheet. It would look a lot better than the spreadsheet and you could embed it on the Google Site.