Unable to create a new folder under Google Drive on my new laptop, please help!

I recently bought a Microsoft Surface Pro 9 running Windows 11 Home. I thought the easiest way of migrating my data from the old laptop was to download Google Drive since my personal folders were all synced. After downloading Google Drive on the new laptop, I can add/delete/edit everything in existing folders, but I CANNOT create a new folder (G:\Other computers\Blackie). A message "Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client" appeared. But I'm the administrator and the only user of the new laptop, and my Google Drive is not shared with anyone. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google Drive on the new laptop, but it didn't work. Can someone please help me solve this? This is sooooo frustrating!!!

1 1 196
1 REPLY 1

Hi @DrKoala ,

Hope you're doing well! First of all I would like to discard any SaaS software corruption itself, but are you able to create any folder using Drive web? Also, you are receiving an error while creating a new folder only on the specified path? (G:\Other computers\Blackie). Seems that this error is related with Windows 11 itself and not by the Google Drive at all

If you can create folders or do any action performed thru the web client, means that is related with local software itself and not something functional

Regards