Action Add a new row to another table problem

I’m trying to set an action, that auto adds a new row to Users table, when user add a new row to Companies table.
The error shown in log is:
Internal Error: Row not added because the ‘RowImage’ does not contain column number 3.:
What is ‘RowImage’ and why it should be 3? I don’t have such a column in any of my tables.
Any help is appriciated!

Solved Solved
0 7 825
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, Steve!
This was the problem - yes and no at the same time.
If the column have the initial value, then every new row of this column will always have the initial value by default. So, if the value is not provided by action, this column should get the initial value when a new row is added. But it didn’t work, so I tried to uncheck the REQUIRE, as you suggested. And it did work, a new row been added.
But then, after I saved changes, AppSheet automatically set the REQUIRE check mark to this column (since it’s the key). And then the action is working even with the REQUIRE checked.
I thought that maybe the issue was that the table was originally empty. But no. I clear all the records and tried again with REQUIRE checked. And it worked again! So, this issue, when the action can’t add a new row, happens only when the very first record being added to a new table.
Anyway, the problem is solved. Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space