Actions and Workflows: Some clarification on Order of Processing and Data Updates available when

I understand that an Action can cause a change that triggers a Workflow. This is useful when attaching an Action to a button or on form Save.

But what about if the Action is a group of Actions? Should I expect that grouped action to finish before any Workflows are triggered? Or are Workflows triggered as soon as any Action is completed that made a change, regardless if in a group?

For example, if I have Action1 and Action2 in a group. Action1 sets a flag which will trigger Workflow1. Will Workflow1 fire as soon as Action 1 is complete or will it wait until the entire group has finished?

Data Updates Available

I also understand that when a Workflow is executed it has available to it the state of the data at the time it fires. In the example above, I assume Workflow1 will fire as soon as Action 1 completes. If so, thjis probably means that the data changes made in Action 2 are not available for the Workflow1 processing. Correct?

Additionally, when Workflow1 is executing, will data updates during each step be made available for subsequent steps. In other words, If the Workflow has 3 Action steps, will data changes made in Action Step 1 be available for use or inspection in Action Step 3?

0 16 1,997
16 REPLIES 16
Top Labels in this Space