Activating Barcode/QR Scanner

nav
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hi there!

Newbie here creating an app for an event my organisation is hosting. 

Lil’ Context: My organisation is going to be hosting an event for 200pax people. To facilitate QR code check-ins and progress reports of who has not reported, etc, I was tasked to create/find an app. 

So while I have been able to add the list of people attending, their statuses, a dashboard showing an overview, etc, I have a bit of trouble creating a suitable QR code check-in portion of the app. 

So far, I have only been able to create the below:

7061932C-5B72-4A55-9D65-B819D9B6B622.jpeg

So this is the main checkin page where the user will click on the QR logo to begin

2512C2CE-4265-4B1B-998B-8E67E45AC885.jpeg

Then the user will have to click on the small QR thing again to activate the scanner and scan the QR code. I have already set it to auto save so that means after the person scans the QR, he/she will not need to click on save, it will auto save and lead back to below

A245764C-B304-4924-9645-11694914E444.jpeg

On my spreadsheet, I have keyed in a vlookup formula which upon auto-syncing, the serial number scanned from the QR will generate the linked name to the S/N . 

So I have 2 issues here:

- to speed up efficiency, I wish to find a way where after the user click on the blue qr logo, instead of leading me to the form where he/she has to click on the small qr thing in the second pic, it instead auto opens the scanner, bypassing the page and leads me back to the third pic.

- in an instance that the attendee forgets to bring/save their qr on their phone for whatever reason, I wish to be able to do a manual check-in by clicking on the attendees name. If you notice in the tabs of the app, there are 2 sections, which will show 2 list of names and their attendance status and attendee note, I wish to find a way to have the user type in the search bar for the name, locate it and a simple click would check the person in. 

I appreciate the responses to my query in advance and apologise for the super long description!

0 1 98
1 REPLY 1
Top Labels in this Space