Add arrow shapes to XY Map

Hi All,

My first post. Loving AppSheet. I’ve searched high and low but haven’t a solution for my issue. Hope someone here can help.

We currently do ‘cable-run’ surveys old-school using A3 printed blueprints/floorplans, paper forms and a digital camera resulting in sometimes unreliable and often inconsistent reports.

I’m busy digitising our processes and am building a Cable Survey app using the XY Map feature to capture photos and survey questions along proposed cable routes in deep underground Train/Tube Stations where there is no phone/wi-fi signal.

2X_b_b49a15b25812ff9c63402bd1ef3d774aee5a9e5a.jpeg

My app works nicely but is missing an important ‘old-school’ feature that I’m used to seeing on our manually annotated A3 floorplans - an arrow indicating the direction the photo was taken in!

Question: Is it possible to change the pin to an arrow shape that can be pointed in a particular direction either on an XY Map or simply dropping arrow shapes into jpg images of floorplans?

Thanks in advance…

Solved Solved
1 7 778
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jake, welcome!
If you have a column enum dropdown of directions, you could use a format rule to determine the direction of an arrow icon:
2X_8_817513e7538795b6212f0bf3b3eddfa16247d71f.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space