Add some of the data collected to another table if "yes" is selected

Hi there guys, I think I am not in the right brain space to be working on this right now, but I really need something to present to my new interim director ASAP.

I am trying to replace our paper donation log with an app that collects all the information we normally collect from donors and then have to manually put into a spreadsheet. So but it also fills out an electronic donation receipt and emails it to the donor. Also it compiles historical donation values to be viewed in a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly chart. Well I have gotten it to do ALL of those things.

But Iโ€™m stuck on ONE more thing I want the app too do.
When a donor adds their email I want a check box row to appear asking if they would like to be added to our mailing list, well I have MOSTLY figured that out, except itโ€™s not a check box that appears, but a button with a โ€œyโ€ in it (which honestly doesnโ€™t seem to do anything and for the life of me I canโ€™t figure it out). Also the virtual column appears on the bottom of the form, which I can live with but it would be cool if I could get it to appear under the email column. Annnnyway I need for when the donor selects โ€œyesโ€ only their name and email is pulled and added to another sheet โ€œMailing listโ€, which is just a list of names and emails so I can use that to auto populate a slightly personalized email when sending out our newsletter.

And in the same ballpark, I need another check box that asked donors if they would like to receive emergency need text alerts, then if โ€œyesโ€ adds their name and phone number to another sheet for the text alerts.

Solved Solved
0 7 373
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

How is the action getting triggered? Youโ€™ll probably want to attach it as the Form Saved event action in the form viewโ€™s configuration:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space